Valley Falls is located about 2 hours south west of Ohiopyle. I swear, I have driven pass this place a dozen times and I couldn’t believe it that I had never checked that place out! But here we are, leaving Ohiopyle, heading toward this waterfall wonderland!
Valley Falls is famous for its clean, consecutive and friendly waterfalls. When we arrived at the place, there were people having wedding and also people who were just chilling. The waterfalls were vague seen through the spaces between among tree branches.
We quickly geared up, hopped into our boat and paddled to the first waterfall. Tino taught the students how to pick their line and how to perform a boof stroke.
He had Lorenzo demonstrated it and then a few students also did it. It looked fun and easy. So, of course I wouldn’t wait any longer! I picked my point, paddled toward the fall and with my last stroke landed on the ledge of the fall. “Boom” I landed a perfect boof! That was awesome. That was a very clean 10 footer. I climbed back up and did several more times of practice before I moved on to the next on.
 |
| Tino showed us how to "boof"! |
 |
| The first level of waterfall (the right one was the one we ran.) |
The next two falls are right next to each other, separated by a big rock in the middle. The fall on the right was narrow and not very easy to boof. Well, I guess I haven’t perfected my skill yet, but anyway, it was a harder waterfall to run cleanly.
 |
| The river-right waterfall (Lorenzo was trying to jump over Jordan as he ran the waterfall) |
 |
| Me attempting freewheeling over the waterfall (failed...) |
 |
| I tried to boof this waterfall (not a good demonstration). |
Valley Falls waterfall total view recorded
No comments:
Post a Comment